internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Dell Support?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jim Ray" <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Dell Support?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:42:04 -0400

I'm pretty sure Dell offers anything for a price. It has been my
experience that Dell will not support one of the servers for one of our
customers because it has reached a certain age.

So, Dell is really the only definitive source for an answer to that
question.

What I personally do, though, is not worry about extended support and
simply make sure I have a "spare tire" available. For example, I
replaced my aging laptop this past year and got a StinkPad off
amazon.com for a lot cheaper than a new one. I still have my old one
available as a spare tire and gave it to my son.

Regards,

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks tel: 919-838-1672 x111 cell: 919-606-1772

Ask about the ONE Plan for Managed Services and IT Outsourcing

http://www.NeuseRiverNetworks.com/oneplan

Web: http://www.neuserivernetworks.com Linkedin:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/neuse Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/neuseriver Twitter: http://twitter.com/neuse

Customer Service/Support: Call hotline at 919-838-1672 x117, send email
to support AT neuserivernetworks.com or visit
http://www.neuserivernetworks.com/support