internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Replacing Laptop Screen

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Replacing Laptop Screen
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 18:21:41 -0400

Thanks very much! A service person at Intrex told me that it was very
likely the inverter or the backlight. (Very good of him to tell me this).
He said that he would have to charge me $120-160 just to take it apart,
however (standard charge).

I'm going to check the HP support page and see what I can find out about
replacing these parts. I've got an external monitor attached now. I little
awkward given the surface area available, but much better than no screen :)!