internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Replacing Laptop Screen

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Karches <tkarches AT gmail.com>
  • To: cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Replacing Laptop Screen
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:56:56 -0400

I just replaced a screen on an HP laptop for my boss. I only had to
remove 8 screws to replace it. The replacement screen came from a
second laptop (same model). Much easier (and probably cheaper) than
trying to replace the backlight (if that is the problem). Look on eBay
for a laptop like yours with a good screen and do a swap.

When you say "starting to die", are you saying that the backlight is
going out, or is the display flickering? Sometimes that can be fixed
by replacing the ribbon cable between the screen and display.

--tom

--
Tom Karches
tkarches AT gmail.com