internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] High Speed Internet Alternatives to TWC

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] High Speed Internet Alternatives to TWC
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 02:54:09 -0400

Scott Chilcote said the following on 4/8/2008 3:03 PM:
I had to give up my static IP, but the cable service is faster and cheaper. You need to fake out the cable modem by using the "clone MAC" feature of your broadband router once the installer leaves. It tries to ensure that it stays connected to the original NIC. But after that it all works.

Power cycling the cablemodem will usually clear up that MAC problem.

--[Lance]

--
GPG Fingerprint: 409B A409 A38D 92BF 15D9 6EEE 9A82 F2AC 69AC 07B9
CACert.org Assurer