internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] the hex string that won't go away

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] the hex string that won't go away
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 10:06:47 -0400

Content. The owners think that by encrypting the link between the playback device and the monitor that they will foil attempts to capture a perfect copy of the content.

Ed Felten has a good series of articles on the topic.

starts roughly here:
http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/?p=1004

--rt

Simon Spero wrote:
I'm still annoyed I had to buy an HDCP compliant monitor before I could run Linux on my PS3. What exactly is being protected here?