internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Good, independent service for Toyota Prius in Cary area

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwind AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Good, independent service for Toyota Prius in Cary area
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:24:31 +0100

Before I moved to Africa I had a 2005 Prius which I bought new. I got to
know Doug and his wife Nikki (who posts on PriusChat as Galaxee) quite well
and learned to trust their judgment completely. Not only is he a very
talented and trustworthy mechanic, he is also a Prius enthusiast who truly
believes in the Prius and its technology and who genuinely enjoys working on
them. I had all of my routine maintenance done at Toyota of Durham, where
Doug works, and was surprised at how quick and inexpensive it was - in
particular in comparison to the Acura dealership where I had my previous car
serviced. Everything except the 30,000 mile service was done while I was
waiting in the service lounge. The 5,000 mile services cost, IIRC, in the
neighborhood of $25-30, the 15,000 mile service around $80,00 and the 30,000
mile service less than $200. Other than that I just added gas and had one
slow leak in a tire fixed at a gas station - that was all it needed over the
course of a two-year ownership covering around 37,000 miles. I found it to
be an exceptionally dependable and economical car to own, not to mention the
environmental benefits.

If you find yourself unable to find a mechanic in Raleigh/Cary or are not
satisfied with the service at the Raleigh dealerships, I can highly
recommend Doug at Toyota of Durham, and it just might be worth the drive
over there.

Now, if I could only find such a reliable and trustworthy mechanic here in
Cotonou...

- Bill