internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] File transfer site?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tanner Lovelace" <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] File transfer site?
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 23:06:42 -0500

On 2/17/07, Gregory S. Hopper <ghopper AT netanium.com> wrote:
Bill,

There's a satellite company offering internet access:

http://www.wildblue.com/ and
http://www.touchnc.net/

They'll install pretty much anywhere in the state.

Greg

The camp where my wife has worked the last two summers[1]
had Wild Blue last year and DirecPC the year before it. The
best that I can say about Wild Blue is that it didn't require a
phone line for outgoing network traffic, the installers (the
people) were fairly nice, and it was a huge improvement
over DirecPC. But, it didn't seem to hold a candle to even
the most basic DSL. If you can get DSL or cable at all, go
with that. You'll get much better connectivity and you won't
have the latency involved with a trip up and down to the
the geosynchronous satellite.

Cheers,
Tanner

[1] http://www.nysc.org/

P.S. BTW, people! How hard is it to TRIM THE PREVIOUS POSTS
when you quote things? Or has netiquette just gone completely
down the tubes?

--
Tanner Lovelace
clubjuggler at gmail dot com