internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] File transfer site?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] File transfer site?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:25:52 +0000

Nice. Didn't know about the partial thing. I've only been using scp.

On Feb 16, 2007, at 4:18 PM, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

On 2/16/07, Scott Chilcote <scottchilcote AT earthlink.net> wrote:
Are there SFTP/SCP clients that support retry/resume? It would be a
better solution if so.

Use rsync with the --partial option and over ssh.

I'm partial to running rsync with these options:

rsync -avP --stats --rsh=ssh /path/to/files
username@hostname:/path/to/remote/files/

That will leave the partially transferred file on the remote side
and you can restart the rsync again and it will only copy the parts
of the file that didn't make it up already.

Cheers,
Tanner
-- Tanner Lovelace
clubjuggler at gmail dot com