internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Anyone programming in Lua?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Anyone programming in Lua?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:05:23 -0500

Michael Czeiszperger wrote:
I was surprised to read that Lightroom, one of the best designed programs I've ever used, was written in Lua, which I'd never heard of. Its scripted, but doesn't seem to have the complexity and overhead of Java or .NET. I wouldn't have taken much notice, except that Adobe chose it for their ground-breaking Lightroom program, which is not only cross-platform, but also sports good performance, and is both beautiful and functional.

http://www.lua.org/
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/

I just picked up a Lua book a couple of days ago, with the intention of playing with it
a bit, but haven't had time to dig in yet. Sounds like a pretty cool environment... if I get
a chance to dabble with it anytime soon, I'd be happy to share my impressions.

TTYL,

Phil

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/philliprhodes

begin:vcard
fn:Phillip Rhodes
n:Rhodes;Phillip
adr:;;P.O. Box 16905;Chapel Hill;NC;27516;USA
email;internet:mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk
tel;home:919-928-0236
url:http://www.linkedin.com/in/philliprhodes
version:2.1
end:vcard