internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Water Heater Recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "tkarches AT imapmail.org" <tkarches AT imapmail.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Water Heater Recommendations
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 15:36:16 -0500

internetworkers AT capitalfellow.com wrote:
I don't need a water heater right now but I'd never heard of such a thing and read through the site. Of course being the vendor's website they don't mention the down sides of this approach. Does anyone know why one wouldn't want this design ?

Cost, for one. Tankless heaters are more expensive than traditional hot water heaters. I spent about $125 (I think) to replace my electric water heater with a like model. The cheapest tankless heaters were well over $500.

The also take up less space, since no tank is required. They are popular in Europe.

--Tom
--
Tom Karches
email : tkarches AT imapmail.org