internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] HP printer question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] HP printer question
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:55:11 -0500

The laserjet 4 – it’s one of two things.  A.  The roller opposite the metallic looking roller in the toner cartridge.  In wish case you need to clean it really well.  Or it’s the fuser.  The fuser is right after it passes the toner cartridge and it’s what heats the toner to make it stick to the paper.  Some can be cleaned by using a cotton swab with alcohol on it.  It has some very fine wires on it and you can carefully and lightly clean them.  Otherwise plan on spending about $150 to have it replaced.

The laserjet 5.  typically jams in paper feed are caused by crappy paper or worn out rollers.  I’d switch to a premium paper like hammermill color copy and see if it still does it.  Otherwise take it in to be fixed.  I just sold my 5si mx so they are still worth money.