internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Local phone wiring

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "H. Wade Minter" <minter AT lunenburg.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Local phone wiring
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:51:50 -0400

On Sep 14, 2006, at 7:22 PM, jeremy snyder wrote:

wade,

i've done this with my vonage line. it's a piece of cake. there are two easy
options.

1. hook your vonage router up somewhere where you don't really care about
having a phone. then, just take a standard phone cable from your vonage
router straight to one of the phone wall jacks. that should give you dial
tone over the rest of the jacks in the house

That's what I did at my old house - the problem here is that I don't have a junction box, so none of my phone jacks are wired into a common place, thus they can't talk to each other.

I think the people installing the security system are going to wire things together, though, which should hopefully solve the problem.