internetworkers - [internetworkers] Local phone wiring

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "H. Wade Minter" <minter AT lunenburg.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers:http"@mail.skiltech.com://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Local phone wiring
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:06:36 -0400

I don't have POTS service at the new house, instead going with Vonage. That means there's no phone company junction box hooking the wires together outside the house - just a bunch of cables sticking out of my outside wall.

I'd like to wire those together so that I can get a dialtone at all of the phone jacks in the house, but don't really know where to start. Any suggestions or recommendations on someone who can do that?