internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] multifunction printers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] multifunction printers
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:12:39 -0400

We have a Brother 8840D that we are quite happy with at DesignHammer. It is
(was) Brother's top of the line B&W, with built in Ethernet, and flat-bed
scanner. It is neat in that it has a built-in web server for configuration
with all sort of fancy settings. We definitely wanted a laser for quality,
speed, and low toner costs, compared to inkjet. We have have had it in the
office for what must me a year or two without any problems.

I think my parents may actually have the Brother MFC-7820N, so you can check
with them, if you still have their email addresses.

We bought both from Costo; here is the Brother model you asked about ($280):

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11041949

Here is the one that replaced the one we have at the office ($400):

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11120912

David

--
DesignHammer Media Group, LLC : 919.544.0086 : http://www.designhammer.com