internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Asterix (virtual PBX) gurus?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mark Turner <markt AT siteseers.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Asterix (virtual PBX) gurus?
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:53:35 -0400

Hi Tony,

Coming late to this party, but here's my two cents.

Don't depend on the VoIP. The Internet ebbs and flows. Get a line card and use it with Asterisk.

Save the VoIP part for your LAN. SIP phones are awesome. But you do have to configure Asterisk to register them. It's not too hard.

Cheers,
Mark

P.S. I have some extra IP phones if you're interested. Contact me offlist.

Tony Spencer wrote:
I have several friends that run small businesses and rave about Asterix.
http://www.asterisk.org/

Does anyone here have experience with it? I need to handle about 15
extensions and I'd like to hook it up with VOIP and a land line for backup.
The one thing I'm confused on is how the phones hookup to it. Do you just
plug the IP phone directly into the network and then Asterix is just aware
of them?