internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Car Windshield replacement?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Car Windshield replacement?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:03:52 -0400

On Jul 12, 2006, at 1:27 PM, marcia AT nc.rr.com wrote:

How large? If it's smaller than a dollar bill, you can have it repaired, instead of replaced (about $50). I've used safelite and they do a pretty good job.

Keep in mind that this only works if they offending crack is NOT within the direct view of the driver.

I believe NC and many other states have a law requiring the entire windshield to be replaced if a crack falls within a (roughly) one foot high by two foot wide area directly in front of the driver.