internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Hard Drive Recovery Help!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Hard Drive Recovery Help!
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:21:07 -0400

On May 26, 2006, at 7:20 AM, Calvin Powers wrote:

We took it to a recovery person who was unable to get anything off if it.
He said he thinks the arm is moving back and forth over the media disk, but
either can't or doesn't know where to engage the disk.

If the arm isn't moving there's no easy way to get the data that I know of.  I'm curious to see if a data recovery firm has a way to get around this...  perhaps they could remove the actual media section from the broken drive and place that in a working drive?  In any event it doesn't sound cheap...

I used to read, but its faster to just make up stuff. -- Wally
        -- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC