internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Squirrels in my attic

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: DonBartholf AT aol.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Squirrels in my attic
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:59:29 EDT

To the matter at hand...

1. Figure out where they are getting in. They are rats with bushy tails and can squeeze in         small openings so look closely.
    a. you can sit in the yard with a beer and watch
    b. look in the attic during the day for lotsa light coming in through a hole
    c. all the above
2. Chase them out of the attic or wait until the heat of the day when they will be foraging
3. Prevent them from returning by closing the entry
    a. They will not like losing their home and will try to chew their way back in.
    b. Reinforce the original entry with steel wool, hardware cloth or the like

Don