internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Reminder: UPA meeting 10/17

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rick Cecil <rickcecil AT gmail.com>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Reminder: UPA meeting 10/17
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:57:05 -0400

> Just a suggestion, but you may wish to provide a line that tells
> everyone what UPA stands for

Sorry for the late response! Just saw the question...am on the digest
so am a little slow in responding to things. :-) UPA is the Usability
Professionals Association. I get wrapped up in my own industry that I
sometimes forget that not everyone knows these things. Not very usable
of me, was it? ;-) Consider me chastised.

> and perhaps some canned blurb or links to
> the UPA home page to help folks like me get informed about who and what
> you are.

We're still working on the web site for the local chapter--we've just
started it in August and tonight's meeting will be our second. Here's
the national site:

http://www.upassoc.org

Here's a blurb describing UPA from the national Web site:

"The UPA supports those who promote and advance the development of
usable products, reaching out to people who act as advocates for
usability and the user experience. Members come from across the broad
family of disciplines that create the user experience. We invite you
to network in our community."

If you are interested in user experience design (that is, designing
how people interact with systems, which includes usability testing) in
the triangle, you should check out triux.org, another organization
that I am involved with but whose focus is much broader than UPA's.
We're currently busy planning events for World Usability Day, which I
hope folks will attend.

Thanks! And let me know if you have other questions. :-)

Rick