internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Do you want a registered sex offender in yourneighborhood?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tom Boucher" <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Do you want a registered sex offender in yourneighborhood?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:56:45 -0400 (EDT)

My issue with this is that 'sex offender' is too broad.

I want to know who targets children, and who got caught by a Dad with his
pants around his ankles with his daughter when he was 17 and she was 15
and of course it was 'his' fault (over generalization, but you konw what
I'm trying to say). In both cases you're a 'sex offender'

A kid that made a bad call with a 3 year younger person but got nailed for
statutory rape is one thing, but a monster with a video camera taping
children in a bathroom or some other sick thing needs it tatooed to their
forhead as 'CHILD TARGETING MOLESTOR' or something a little less subtle.