internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Do you want a registered sex offender in your neighborhood?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Brown <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Do you want a registered sex offender in your neighborhood?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:40:44 -0400

Ah, I see.

Well, here's a mug shot of the accused.

http://tinyurl.com/92jv

I wouldn't have thought this guy would have a low chance of recidivism given the original circumstances of his arrest.  He certainly doesn't fit the standard mold of a possible predator.  But, innocent until proven guilty, etc.  I have to wonder how these two came into contact, but I have my own theories on how that would happen.  And part of it has to do with the woman painting messages on her garage and posting mug shots on the front door.

Greg

On 8/30/05, Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org> wrote:

On Aug 30, 2005, at 3:32 PM, Greg Brown wrote:

> NC has an on-line and searchable database of sex offenders.
>
> http://sbi.jus.state.nc.us/cgi-binHAHT/hsrun.hse/SOR/SOR/
> SOR.htx;start=HS_SORSearchFrames
>
> By the way, what happened in the Salon article?  I was unable to
> navigate through their nauseating interface.

A 12 year old girl in NC just ran away (leaving a note) and is
believed to be in the company of a registered sex offender.
Apparently they had been talking on the phone for months and both are
now missing.

_________
Some try to achieve immortality by performing grand deeds or the
accumulation of
great wealth. On the whole I prefer to achieve immortality by not
dying. -- Pratchett
         -- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC

---
Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!  http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/