internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Web Hosting Recommendations?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers:http"@hannibal.dreamhost.com://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Web Hosting Recommendations?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:15:13 -0400

hey Susan --

I have recently moved to Dreamhost.com and am really pleased with their offerings. Since you mentioned eCommerce, I was going to recommend their "Strictly Business" plan at ~$64/month. It includes a static IP address (required for most eCommerce applications), SSL certificate and Miva Merchant license (which is an eCommerce package). Quite a good deal, actually.

But since you want to keep the costs down, you could choose one of their cheaper packages (I'd recommend "Code Monster" for $16-20/month) and then just add eCommerce items to your plan as you need them. This would be much more cost efficient until you really get rolling.

All the storage, bandwidth, email accounts, etc included with their plans are RIDICULOUS! I doubt I'll ever use all the features they offer (but I am trying!). For the record, my experiences with their Tech Support has been very good -- problems usually resolved within 24 hours.

If you want to make me super rich (ha ha!) feel free to use this link when signing up. http://www.dreamhost.com/rewards.cgi?matusiak

best of luck with your web host search!
dave m.