internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Web Hosting Recommendations?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: idodesign AT earthlink.net, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Web Hosting Recommendations?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:46:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Susan LaBarre wrote:
My friend Colleen McCarthy has highly recommended this list as a great
source of technical support so I thought I'd join and introduce myself. For

I'm currently developing a site for a non-profit women's org and enjoying my
first experience with php applications (phpBB2, Noah's Classifieds, Gallery,
CubeCart). I'm overjoyed at the rise in open source technology. So far,

I'm looking for some recommendations for a web hosting service that gives
the most bang for the buck along with decent security, reliability, and
customer service.
Any thoughts? Any help? Much appreciated!!

It's not cheap but have you thought of a hosted server. I get one from Serverbeach.com , it's shared amongst a few friends as well. The administration of the server is not bad, and with your skills should be a breeze. We have everything we need and 2TB of bandwidth for $99/mth
Just an option...

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
1923 Buick Roadster (Dual Quad 425" Nailhead) 1990 Ducati 750 Sport