internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Vonage?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jim Ray <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Vonage?
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 22:13:33 -0400

Fax and modem tones are more susceptible to interference from latency in packet switched networks like VoIP with Vonage. You may experience incomplete transmissions if you go that route. Circuit switched networks like a plain old telephone line do not normally have the same problem.

The best solution I have found for my fax machine is to turn it off. Now, I never get a fax. Life is good. No more cheesey cruise and mortgage ads.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Network, Inc.

tel: 919-838-1672 x111
toll free: 800-617-7652
http://www.Neuse.Net

Ask about our Clean Networks. Established in the Triangle 1997.

Tom Boucher wrote:

Anyone using it? I'm thinking of getting it as a second line in the house for those few times I need the phone when someone calls my wife. I'm looking at the 500 min plan basically and want to use it as a fax line, which if I read right to activate the fax service on the same line would be $9.99 one time charge.

It appears they have a 'referral' program. If anyone is using it and would like to get a referral credit refer me and I'll sign up on it.

Thanks

Tom

begin:vcard
fn:Jim Ray
n:Ray;Jim
org:Neuse River Network, Inc.
adr:;;2610 Vanderbilt Ave.;Raleigh;NC;27607-7247;US
email;internet:jim AT neuse.net
title:President
tel;work:919-838-1672 x111
note:Ask about our Clean Networks.  Established in the Triangle 1997.
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.neuse.net
version:2.1
end:vcard