internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Problem with Adobe

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>, "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Problem with Adobe
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:38:09 -0500

Colleen,

If you are on a Windows (XP or 2000) machine, you can try the following:

1. Uninstall the current version of Adobe (Acrobat) Reader
2. Log off and reboot your computer
3. Using Windows Explorer or My Computer go to C:\Documents and
Settings\[your username]\Local Settings\temp and delete everything that is
in there
4. Reinstall Acrobat Reader

If your temp folder in that location gets full, Adobe Reader first gets very
sluggish and then doesn't respond at all.

If that doesn't work, go to your Control Panel and look in Add or Remove
Programs and see if you have the Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer installed.
That can sometimes conflict with Adobe (Acrobat) Reader, and since I have
never actually needed that Journal Viewer, uninstalling it has resolved
those conflicts for me.

HTH,
Bill

Bill Geschwind, CNE, MCSE
Technical Assistance Manager
Student Affairs Technology and Systems Support
03 Teague Hall, CB# 5510
(919) 962-5629
geschwin AT email.unc.edu
http://www.unc.edu/~geschwin