internetworkers - [internetworkers] My dad needs some Mac help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jake Greene <jakegreene AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] My dad needs some Mac help
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:08:59 -0500

I'm in Florida visiting my parents, and as is normal when people of
our ilk visit our parents I'm faced with answering all of his tech
questions. Unfortunately, I'm no mac guru and he just bought an
iBook. It's perfectly serviceable, that's not his complaint, but
there's a particular feature he was very used to doing in a windows
system that he can't do in OSX.

In windows he would highlight a bit of text and use "file, print,
print selection" to print only that bit of highlighted text. That
same functionality seems to be missing from OSX and he's, as the kids
say, frustrated. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jake