internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Looking for a "PC mini"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jake Greene <jakegreene AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Looking for a "PC mini"
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:03:37 -0500

I built a Shuttle XPC system 3 years ago for my wife's grandparents,
their first computer. After three years of almost constant (ab)use,
it's still working like a champ. I've done the normal "install new
virus signatures, install adware removal" stuff every Christmas since,
but I've never had a phone call from them about a problem, and there's
never been any need to mess about with hardware.

If I ever ditch a laptop for a desktop, I'm going to go with the
Shuttle for my own machine.

Jake