internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac Questions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac Questions
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:18:03 -0500

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:05:10 -0500 (EST), zman
<zman AT shell.neverwhere.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Dan Wilson wrote:
> > I would need a keyboard, a monitor and a mouse, is that right? What are
> > some
> > creative ways I can use this? Can I get the Nextel Broadband and have it
> > constantly connected in my car and other spots?
>
> and power, don't forget power... :) I also heard they are giving the
> Nextel Broadband the axe...

You have heard correctly.
I received the latest in a number of missives from Nextel saying I
could continue to get it for free (I'm a pilot user) and that on June
30th, they were terminating the pilot AND the service.
I have confirmed that even users who were not pilot users (i.e. those
who went out and purchased the service) have also received letters
saying the service is being discontinued as of June 30th.

They offer no alternatives and don't even require the equipment back.

Lyman

--
". . . No, it is impossible; it is impossible to convey the
life-sensation of any given epoch of one's existence--that which makes