internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Web Development Questions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Carol Thomson <cthomson AT topsailtech.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Web Development Questions
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:50:11 -0500

Jim - good thoughtful comments on Flash and the Flash Player plugin. As a Flash designer and developer I agree with you.

raustin - I have to disagree with you. It is unfortunate that Flash isn't available for 100% of the browsers and platforms yet. That aside, have you ever developed a rich internet application (RIA) in Flash? The application part of RIA is way more than eye candy. Of course Flash can be just that, but it can also be much more than the outside glitz layer. I have developed sophisticated web apps with Flash on the front end and various databases on the backend with various middleware to connect them.

I challenge you that I can design AND develop an e-commerce site with Flash that is intuitive to navigate and rock solid.

</soapbox>

Carol

Carol Thomson
Topsail Multimedia