internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Web Development Questions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bruce" <bruce AT synthesiscreative.com>
  • To: <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>, "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Web Development Questions
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:48:17 -0500

Colleen,

I agree with Matt Pusateri assuming he is speaking of using flash to
drive your e-commerce engine or shopping cart - however, I don't think
it's evil (sorry Matt). I'm not a programmer [nor do I play one on TV],
but I play an Account Service/Marketing Strategy role at a small company
that has strong experience in PHP and MySQL among others. I can tell
you that Flash is a great tool for many situations but it definitely has
it's drawbacks. It's best to learn what it does well. The sexy part of
a website - I believe - comes from simplicity and great design no matter
what tools are used.

There are a many ways to build a shopping cart [I realize this isn't
answering your question] and some "off the shelf" pre-programmed
solutions. I think my advice would be to get a budget together and then
search for a solution that best fits your needs.

I hope this helps. I also hope one of the members who IS a programmer
answers your questions.

Are you considering designing the site yourself or just learning enough
so you can be an intelligent buyer?

Bruce DeBoer
Director of Marketing and Business Development
Synthesis
112 S. Blount St. Ste. 101
Raleigh, NC 27601
Main: 919-523-6385