internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Free speech going

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Don Rua" <rua AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Free speech going
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:28:42 -0500

It seems a long-growing tide that has no plans to stop until it is written
into law that we are not allowed to voice our opinion if someone else claims
it is objectionable. i.e., PC as statute. Go to most any 1st grade class,
and you will find teachers, with a full head of passion laser-focused on the
impressionable young minds, giving their daily "this is how good people
think" speech. It continues every year through to college, where the PC crop
is harvested.

Sharing your own opinion is no longer acceptable, if it in any way
criticizes someone else. Every person and group is given a pass on behavior,
because we are all just so wonderful. Dislike is evil. Critical judgement is
verbotten. Jokes are 'hate speech'. Is it really any stretch to imagine we
will go from the indoctrination machine of public education telling us that
it is wrong to be critical of others, to deciding that anyone who blatantly
defies that "universal truth" is guilty of a crime? I mean, if it is really
'bad' to offend others, why shouldn't they be charged with a misdemeanor for
offending the rest of us tolerant, 'right thinking', folk? Funny, if we are
supposed to be tolerant of people, who can actually kill and destroy, why
aren't we tolerant of words, which can be ignored?

But don't worry, we'll have all the intolerant meanies run out of here by
2030, the same year we announce the joint Consititution Revision project
with France and Canada.

This Cuban-Cracker will step down now.
In defense, I spent much of my years 11-13 listening to Richard Pryor and
Cheeck y Chong albums, and so I'm certain the racial and ethnic humor I
absorbed has turned me into a first-class hate monger. If I lived in Boston
I could probably sue them for poisoning my brain.

And here's a trivial site that I couldn't help sending a picture of Lucy,
our family pot-bellied pig: www.faceanalyzer.org.

Don

carpe pilae