internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] God bless pork!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tom Boucher" <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] God bless pork!
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:58:28 -0500 (EST)

> ...and in case you're wondering what this is all about, CACI is the
> contractor implicated in the Abu Ghraib scandal:
> http://www.topix.net/com/cai
>
> -god bless pork!
> -Alan

The thing I hate about this and what really made me just give up on
wanting to do anything about it is that no one will do anything to fix
this.

Years ago I used to watch all those specials from 20/20 or 60 minutes on
government waste. Goofy things like how a floor cleaner had to have a 36%
opacity rating (??) and all sorts of pork barrell type things including a
government funded airline that only flew from DC to Hot Springs and only
members of Congress could use...

Yet after spending all that time investigating, reporting it, etc. What
changed?

Nothing, zip, nada.

We can all write our representatives, get the form letter of 'thank you
for your interest/feedback/whatever' signed by a stamp and filled out by a
staffer and nothing will ever get fixed.