internetworkers - [internetworkers] Google Scholar

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Google Scholar
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:27:57 -0500 (EST)

My long-standing disdain for Google might come to an end, assuming they
don't fuck this up: http://scholar.google.com/

My second search (in which I used quotation marks, unlike the first
search) produced absolutely no fluff, crap, or ads for the first 10 pages.
Page 11 still looked good, but there was an item or two just slightly
off-topic. (Note: The first search, without the quotation marks, began to
produce crap after the first 5 links.)

-Alan

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/latimests/20041227/ts_latimes/googledesignsanengineforeggheads