internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Posting Resume on Monster.com != looking for work

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Posting Resume on Monster.com != looking for work
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:47:14 -0500

Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

After talking to someone who also just leaves his resume on Monster regardless of his desire to find work, I'm wondering how common this is? So far I'd have to say my $400 was wasted, and I'm going to go back to the "traditional" method of posting the job description and let people send their resumes.

I would say it's fairly common. I know I do it (although I try
to make a point to return the calls and emails I get, I sometimes
overlook a few) and at least a couple of friends I know do the
same thing, I believe.

In my case, I keep my resume "active" even when I'm not
really "actively searching" for work, on the theory that
if something comes along that's my "dream job" I might
pursue it. Everybody else gets a "sorry, not looking
right now" response.

Also, and you probably already know this, but I
suggest posting to all the local mailing lists related
to the job in question, and solicit resumes that way (if you
haven't already). I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple
of JUG members who are still looking for work.

TTYL,

Phillip
--
Don't blame me, I voted for Badnarik