internetworkers - [internetworkers] Avoid Target Stores, aka the Grinch

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Avoid Target Stores, aka the Grinch
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:43:04 -0500

http://www.dailyherald.com/business/business_story.asp?intid=38305293

I've sent them an email on the corporate web-page with the totals of money my wife spends there every month and that we will be spending it at stores that allow the bell ringers unless they rescind the ban.

Estimates are that this will cost the salvation army over $9.0M in donations.

Pretty sad. My wife being more kind hearted than most actually would just pull in the parking lots to empty her change purse into it all through the holiday season.

Still having over 500 some emails to read from this little group of folks since late October (I've been busy) and I know there have been lots of other discussions, but I would think that during the holiday season liberal or conservative would agree that there are less fortunate people out there that rely on the Salvation Army at this time of year.

Tom