internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Boycott the local UPN and WB network station?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Boycott the local UPN and WB network station?
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 02:54:06 -0400

Are there any non-Sinclair UPN or WB network stations out there (not just
locally)?

Maybe someone can put together some kind of system for the (probably few)
UPN or WB shows that appeal to the crowd that wish to boycott Sinclair? What
are the rules around taping shows and shipping them across state lines?

Maybe the appeals should go to the networks involved, ignoring Sinclair and
its stations:

"Listen, WB/UPN/CBS/whoever, I like your shows XXX, XXX and XXX.
Unfortunately I'm too patriotic of an American citizen to stomach what
Sinclair broadcasting is trying to do regarding the 2004 election and can
not, in good conscience, continue to watch my local affiliate of your fine
network, WXXX. But I'd prefer that my boycott not interfere with the above
mentioned entertainment and, of course, their advertisements. What are my
options?"