internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Linux Advice

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Linux Advice
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:50:12 -0400

As it so happens, the monthly meeting of the Triangle Linux Users Group
(http://www.trilug.org/) is tonight. I believe we may have some Mandrake
10 CDs tonight where you could just pick them up. (I think so, but I'm not
100% certain.) You could also find people there who know quite a bit
about linux and could probably answer any question you had. And, we
offer free pizza and drinks. :-)

Meeting is a 7pm at Dreyfus auditorium on the campus of RTI in the park.
Directions are on the web page.

Cheers,
Tanner
P.S. Mandrake 10.0 is an excellent distribution that has the things
you mention, but a PPro 200Mhz may be somewhat underpowered
for it, or for any modern distribution that uses a modern GUI. One of
our members, however, is moving to Charlotte at the end of the month
and is bringing a bunch of hardware tonight to give away, so you might
see if there's something in there that might be more powerful.