internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] sofa lust

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] sofa lust
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:58:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Rowland Smith wrote:
As a heterosexual male, you know you're getting old when your lust for women, however briefly, gets overridden by the lust for a new sofa ;)

On that note - If you were going to buy the mac-daddy, big-pimpin', most-righteous sofa in all the world, how would you go about it? Make the hajj to High Point ?

We found ours on eBay of all places. Vintage with new upholstry. Had it shipped from Austin. But we spent soem time looking. Father & Son downtown for vintage, which even when freshly upholstered is cheaper than new. West Side Furniture, which is now in North Raleigh near mini-city, great sofas, high prices. Ecko looked good, but the quality just wasn't there, though the prices were very good.

What we got.. http://rod-o-rama.com/i-2.JPG

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)