internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] N&O story

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: john broome <john AT jbroome.dyndns.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] N&O story
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 23:09:33 -0400

burnett AT pobox.com wrote:
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, zman wrote:

Irritating isn't even the word. I think most of these tones are awful sounding. Vibrate is the way to go.

I'm with Scott on this one - if a cellphone doesn't have vibrate mode ring as an option, I will not buy it.
Don't even get me started about people who leave their cellphone on audible ring in a movie theatre, with or without custom-downloaded melodic ringtones involved.

I was quite fond of the "Play that funky music" ringtone that my 55 + y/o PHB had at my previous job. Nothing says 'professional' like that going off in the office.

It's even better when it's her college age kids calling that somehow have survived this long in the outside world with their umbilical cords still attached.

There's a reason that was my *previouse* job.