internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] (dis` af fect' ed) adj.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Don Rua" <rua AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] (dis` af fect' ed) adj.
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 14:06:49 -0400

Actually, I use www.dictionary.com in lieu of a paper dictionary often,
perhaps at a price. [Anything I can find online is easier than unplugging
myself from the Matrix.] But popping something into Google brings insights
into usage that you can't easily get elsewhere. It points to blogs,
powerpoint presentations, newsgroups, and any number of sources from our
diverse culture. A print dictionary can present the formal structure, but
cannot compete with the speed at which language is being tossed about.

Fo shizzle, my nizzle.