internetworkers - [internetworkers] Fwd: Check Your Voter Registration

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sasha Akhavi <sasha.akhavi AT alumni.brown.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Fwd: Check Your Voter Registration
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:27:27 -0400

Title: Fwd: Check Your Voter Registration
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:05:30 -0400
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Karin Singleton <Karinsingleton AT nc.rr.com>
Subject: Fwd: Check Your Voter Registration

Dear Fellow Voters,

Yesterday, I checked some registrations that I had given to the Board of Elections, and I found that not all of them had been processed even though I handed them in no later than the middle of August. What I also saw on the board of election site were a significant number of inactive entries.

I called the Board of Elections today to find out what an inactive voter is. According to the information, a voter receives 'inactive' status when correspondence from the Board of Elections is returned as undeliverable.

To make sure that everybody is registered to vote who thinks he/she is, I am urging you to check your own voter registration status and that of your friends and relatives at

        www.sboe.state.nc.us

And please: forward this message to everybody you know in North Carolina.

Karin Singleton