internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] AirPort/Express access problems

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: James Dasher <jdasher AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] AirPort/Express access problems
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:47:00 -0400

On Sep 13, 2004, at 7:29 AM, James Dasher wrote:

On Sep 12, 2004, at 11:59 PM, Jim Allman wrote:

On Sep 12, 2004, at 10:58 PM, Ian Meyer wrote:
have you tried assigning yourself an IP within the block, like if it
assigns 192.168.1.x, try setting yourself to 192.168.1.250 or
something not likely to be taken, and see if that works?

might be worth a shot

I tried that, but to no avail.
<snip>
Suggestions? Sites to read or topics to google? Or should I just suck it up and go elsewhere when I have work to do?

I just got some funny looks from people after I took the name of excrement in vain.

Because I just opened my laptop at the place in question, where I stopped after work before I go to a class, and my mail downloaded.

That's right. INW has heretofore unexamined and possibly unknown powers to affect IT-related frustration for the better.

It probably works through the ether.

Cheers --