internetworkers - [internetworkers] AirPort/Express access problems

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: James Dasher <jdasher AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers:http"@metalab.unc.edu://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] AirPort/Express access problems
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:31:12 -0400

Anybody use an iBook?

I normally have no problems accessing wireless networks - except in one place (Cup-A-Joe in Mission Valley, if you're curious).

I've seen people using PowerBooks access that network with no problems. And my iBook joins the network, but I can't connect via that network to the Internet.

Once, after numerous troubleshooting efforts, the folks behind the counter rebooted their router/WiFi, and I managed to have a happy browsing and emailing experience. But I still can't just show up, open the laptop, andget to work.

Anybody else have the same (or a similar) problem? Or have any suggestions for something to try?

Thanks -