internetworkers - Nonprofit volunteer opportunities -- Re: [internetworkers] (no subject)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: justin AT vatoweb.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Nonprofit volunteer opportunities -- Re: [internetworkers] (no subject)
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 11:53:03 -0400

justin AT vatoweb.com wrote:

I'd also like to volunteer my time to non-profits that can make use of my web
skills. Any ideas?

Justin,

Tech LinkUp is just getting off the ground. Please go to http://www.techlinkup.org/ and register your skills.

Volunteers and organizations have started registering, but I don't think they are looking for each other. We still have a lot of work to do.

Tech LinkUp is a RTPnet project. We've just recruited TWO Americorps*VISTAs to help us get it running well. They are scheduled to start September 2. Triangle United Way is providing office space and supervision. The goal of the VISTA project is to monitor, coordinate, and promote Tech LinkUp.

Judy Hallman (hallman AT rtpnet.org, http://www.rtpnet.org/hallman)
Executive Director, RTPnet, NC (http://www.RTPnet.org/)