internetworkers - [internetworkers] (no subject)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: <justin AT vatoweb.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] (no subject)
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 08:43:22 -0500

Hello,

I've just moved to the RTP area from Chicago, and have a few questions for you
all. How is the job market for Tech/Internet workers in this area? I've been
job
searching for a few months and it seems any opening that says 'web developer'
is
overwhelmed with responses. Ideally I'd like to find a web development job,
but
if there are 50 applicants for every opening, I'll start looking for other
things
--at least for the time being.

Along these lines, what temp/staffing agencies can you recommend?

I'd also like to volunteer my time to non-profits that can make use of my web
skills. Any ideas? A better idea of what I do can be gleaned from:
http://www.vatoweb.com/portfolio.html

Many thanks for your thoughts.

-Justin