internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Virus Removal Help Needed!!!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Virus Removal Help Needed!!!
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:33:15 -0400

You most likely have spyware. Or you possibly have your email or internet
set to make automatic connections. Check those setting and then download
and run spybot search and destroy or ad-aware.

The program you mentioned, RASAutoU.exe, is the Microsoft Windows
NT4/2000/XP/2003 Remote Access Dialer. It can appear whenever you have you
system set to automatically connect such as in email or IE, or you're your
system is set to handle an incoming modem connection. It is designed to
make a connection without user input - therefore it is particularly useful
to spyware makers.