internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] MS Explorer problem

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jeff Clayton" <jclayton AT tfn.net>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] MS Explorer problem
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 01:54:02 -0400

One other you should try is the spy sweeper at www.webroot.com - in my
experience, it is number one, spybot is number 2, and adaware is number
3

My thinking is based on several things... ability to remove problems,
virus-scanner-like capability to fight 'infection' attempts, and
regularity of definition updates.

One thing that I liked early on about webroot's product is that it
mentioned a concern about a couple of detected softwares -- it mentioned
some applications known to rely on the specified detected adware, and
asked me if I still wanted to remove them knowing that doing so might
disable those applications (the freeware version is very good, install
it if you are online because you get one chance on install to download
definitions. Don't uninstall if you don't want to try the pay version,
which is more advanced mind you, because reinstall attempts on the free
version fail and state that you need to buy it to try it again)

I tend to get more business removing nasties than anything else over the
last year, but to quote a dentist... prevention is the best medicine (of
course I harm my own business by suggesting that ;)

Jeff Clayton
admin AT mentalmatrix.us, SoftwareEngineer AT JeffClayton.com

To unsubscribe visit