internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] MS Explorer problem

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: <bobkucera AT verizon.net>, "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] MS Explorer problem
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:05:29 -0400

Start with a full scan with a good, updated virus scanner. Then
download, install, update and run Ad-aware. Then download, install,
update and run Spybot Search & Destroy. If you still have problems,
download and run HijackThis. Take a look what it finds and be VERY
CAREFUL when you use that program. Use it to delete anything that
shouldn't be there. You can Google for all of these programs. If that
still doesn't do it. Download and run CWShredder. If it's still not
right, you'll need to manually clean up the rest. Handy utilities to do
this include TCPView, Autoruns, Fport and Vision, which you can get from
www.sysinternals.com and www.foundstone.com .

Good Luck and Have Fun!!!!

Bill Geschwind, CNE, MCSE
Technical Assistance Manager
Department of Technology and Systems Support
Division of Student Affairs, University of N. Carolina at Chapel Hill
03 Teague Hall, CB# 5510 (919) 962-5629
Chapel Hill, NC 27599 geschwin AT email.unc.edu