internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] NCSU Police Blotter Case

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] NCSU Police Blotter Case
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:54:47 -0400

there was an article in today's technician about this, unfortunately,
their site hasnt been updated for 2 weeks. grr.

there is another article, slightly older, here:
http://technicianonline.com/story.php?id=009683

today's article doesn't mention the additional computers, but does
refer to TWW and a couple other people involved in the defense. Also,
they have raised a fair amount of money, "several hundred dollars"
according to the article, and the main person behind the money
collection effort claims they received $116 in one day alone.

there a couple totally lame points they claimed on the website that
has since been taken down, that are referred to in the article. the
main one being they didn't know they were accessing a restricted area.
yet they had to enter the improperly gained password...

~ian