internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] The Terminal, a true story!!!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] The Terminal, a true story!!!
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:01:41 -0400

Marcia said the following on 6/28/04 10:57 AM:

And I thought the INS was bad!

When I went to school in Spain 14 years ago, the assistant
choir conductor was an exchange student from Uraguay.
When she came to Spain from her home, the cheapest flight
was through a tour of Moscow on Aeroflot. So, she flew
from Uraguay to Moscow, toured around for a few days,
then flew on to Madrid. Unfortunately, there was something
wrong with her papers and they wouldn't let her into the
country. Instead, they deported her back to the country
she came from ... the Soviet Union! This time, however,
she didn't have a visa to get into the country and
got stuck in the airport! Luckily for her, she had some
contacts within the country and was only in the airport
for about a week, and in the country for less than two
before getting the correct papers together and making it
finally to Spain. But, it makes me wonder how often things
like this happen. The guy in Paris seems to be an extreme
case, but what about the other "minor" cases?

Cheers,
Tanner